What are they saying?
- Guess we'd better start keeping an eye on 52Super Series
- BAR joining with Gladiator
- Quantum in with Dean Barker helming?
- Is this how it works?
- Artemis "very passionate" about the direction the America's Cup was heading in - Newshub
- AC75 class discussions pre-release to take place with "interested teams" - NZHerald
- before end of November
- will show "design mock-ups of the boat and a vision for how it will sail, as well as an idea of what will be one-design or supplied components"
- Ideas on the pre-Regatta locations - royalgazette.com
- Bermuda, Newport possible..
- “traditional venues with good wind and good viewing”
- Emirates to continue TNZ sponsorship - stuff.co.nz
- Some more thoughts on the boat design from Seahorse
- “We are looking at the complete spectrum of what you could imagine in monohulls,” another Dan Bernasconi interview
- Little hope of Artemis participation - sailweb
- Interesting interview with Terry Hutchinson - Scuttlebutt
- Bella Mente Quantum Racing Association to mount challenge for New York Yacht Club with CEO/skipper Terry Hutchinson - more PR
- So we have NZL, ITA, GBR and USA for AC36 - more would be nice, but not essential...
- Richard Gladwell interview with Russel Green on the legal stuff from the Protocol
- and his interview with Dan Bernasconi on the boat design
- Watch for more news...
- First boat launched after 31 March 2019
- Second boat launched after 1st February 2020
- America’s Cup World Series:
- Two regattas in the second half of 2019
- Three regattas in 2020
- America’s Cup Christmas Race:
- The Challenger Selection Series:
- America’s Cup Match:
- America’s Cup World Series:
- No indication as yet - guesses
- 2019 Italy & NZ?
- 2020 Bermuda, Italy, UK Solent, USA RI?
- “traditional venues with good wind and good viewing” - Russell Green
- America’s Cup Christmas Race, The Challenger Selection Series & America’s Cup Match:
- Auckland or Sardinia
- Precise location announced by 30th August 2018 (probably by 30th June 2018)
- Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron
- Challenger of Record
- Circolo Della Vela Sicilia
- Challengers Entries open 1st January 2018
- Entries close 30th June 2018
- Late entries are accepted up until 31st December 2018
- Challengers confirming intention to enter:-
- Rumoured challengers - I'll cross them off when they confirm one way or the other
- US West coast team
- Another Swiss team (Tilt?)
- Other Italian teams (Azzurra? Mascalzone Latino?)
- Others (Germany (SAP)?, China?)
- Is Artemis really out?
- ORACLE is out
- What Boats?
- 75 foot, high performance monohull boats governed by the
AC75 Class Rule
- Concept published 30th November 2017
- AC75 Class rule published 31st March 2018
- Suitable for head to head match racing and close competition
- To permit technological development to spearhead the development of sailing and
maintain the America’s Cup as the world’s premier sailing event
- Relevance to the sport of sailing & connection to its community of sailors
- For the yachts to be demanding to sail, rewarding top level skill for all sailors on the
- To provide competitive racing in light and stronger wind conditions
- To provide safe position for a guest racer on board the yacht
- To incorporate practical requirements for the launching, retrieval and transporting
- To be sailed by a crew of approximately 10- 12 sailors
- Some thoughts via Richard Gladwell...a must read
Powered by Decide