What are they saying?
- Well look at this...
- Adelasia confirm - website
- Not sure this is so serious...
- Actually this looks quite serious - look at the Powerpoint
- Second Sardinian team looking possible-
- Target Team of 170 people, with 90 going forward after 2021 (for subsequent 5 years)
- Very "sardinia" oriented team, which will have some kind of sponsorship from the region, but mainly Private backers
- Boat to be built in Olbia
- Team headquarter in La Maddalena
- Sailing team in progress; lots of sailors from Sardinia; management of sailing side by Duccio Colombi, who has worked for coordingating the sailing project for the las couple of years
- Project goal is to "build" a better maritime and technology value chain in Sardinia, in a Sustainable developement scenario.
- Now it's INEOS Team UK (you know why!)
- More detail on American Magic @ sailingscuttlebutt
- Second USA Team? based on US One... SI
- Well, this is a surprise
- And here's the AC75 Class Rule
- So this is it? Luna Rossa on the left - NZL in the old Viaduct Events Centre (for 2 AC cycles - then to the LR base) - BAR & American Magic on the othe side plus 3 small ones...LINK
- American Magic
- Testing starts on prototype sails - stuff.co.nz - more @ sailingillustrated.com
- Nice drawings of the Auckland bases - 4 should do just fine...not sure about the J-boats though
- but are bases like these needed for a 6 month stay?
- Luna Rossa basing in Cagliari through autumn (NH) 2020 - website
- BAR's New Year Resolutions
- Grant Simmer (BAR) on the AC75
- Detailed AC75 analysis - real translation (not Google)
- Strong rumours of Team China
- Adelasia di Torres from Sardinia intend to challenge
- Video of favoured location
- Latest on venue location - looking like this one...
- OK here it is - official - Facebook:-
- full press release - and links for hi-res videos
- at the americascup.com website
- Auckland AC Village proposal - interesting options - Auckland Council Website
- Voiles et Voiliers saying 18 mtr max width with "gigantesques" foils extended, no keel and total displacement 5 tons...it did say 18mtrs
- Spithill "We [ORACLE] will definitely be chasing this America’s Cup" interview @ Redbull.com
- dated 21 Sept - took a while to get out...
- now clarified - "...In reality, I have not... heard from Larry"
- Guess we'd better start keeping an eye on 52Super Series
- BAR joining with Gladiator
- Quantum in with Dean Barker helming?
- Artemis "very passionate" about the direction the America's Cup was heading in - Newshub
- AC75 class discussions pre-release to take place with "interested teams" - NZHerald
- before end of November
- will show "design mock-ups of the boat and a vision for how it will sail, as well as an idea of what will be one-design or supplied components"
- Ideas on the pre-Regatta locations - royalgazette.com
- Bermuda, Newport possible..
- “traditional venues with good wind and good viewing”
- Emirates to continue TNZ sponsorship - stuff.co.nz
- Some more thoughts on the boat design from Seahorse
- “We are looking at the complete spectrum of what you could imagine in monohulls,” another Dan Bernasconi interview
- Little hope of Artemis participation - sailweb
- Interesting interview with Terry Hutchinson - Scuttlebutt
- Bella Mente Quantum Racing Association to mount challenge for New York Yacht Club with CEO/skipper Terry Hutchinson - more PR
- So we have NZL, ITA, GBR and USA for AC36 - more would be nice, but not essential...
- Richard Gladwell interview with Russel Green on the legal stuff from the Protocol
- and his interview with Dan Bernasconi on the boat design
- Watch for more news...
- First boat launched after 31 March 2019
- Second boat launched after 1st February 2020
- America’s Cup World Series:
- Two regattas in the second half of 2019
- Three regattas in 2020
- America’s Cup Christmas Race:
- The Challenger Selection Series:
- America’s Cup Match:
- America’s Cup World Series:
- No indication as yet - guesses
- 2019 Italy & NZ?
- 2020 Bermuda, Italy, UK Solent, USA RI?
- “traditional venues with good wind and good viewing” - Russell Green
- America’s Cup Christmas Race, The Challenger Selection Series & America’s Cup Match:
- Auckland or Sardinia
- Precise location announced by 30th August 2018 (probably by 30th June 2018)
- the Auckland story from Richard Gladwell
- Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron
- Challenger of Record
- Circolo Della Vela Sicilia
- Challengers Entries open 1st January 2018
- Entries close 30th June 2018
- Late entries are accepted up until 31st December 2018
- Challengers confirming intention to enter:-
- Rumoured challengers - I'll cross them off when they confirm one way or the other
- US West coast team
- Another Swiss team (Tilt?)
- Other Italian teams (Azzurra? Mascalzone Latino?)
- Others (Germany (SAP)?, China?)
- Is Artemis really out?
- ORACLE is out
- What Boats?
- 75 foot, high performance monohull boats governed by the
AC75 Class Rule
- Concept published 30th November 2017
- AC75 Class rule published 31st March 2018
- Suitable for head to head match racing and close competition
- To permit technological development to spearhead the development of sailing and
maintain the America’s Cup as the world’s premier sailing event
- Relevance to the sport of sailing & connection to its community of sailors
- For the yachts to be demanding to sail, rewarding top level skill for all sailors on the
- To provide competitive racing in light and stronger wind conditions
- To provide safe position for a guest racer on board the yacht
- To incorporate practical requirements for the launching, retrieval and transporting
- To be sailed by a crew of approximately 10- 12 sailors
- Some thoughts via Richard Gladwell...a must read
Powered by Decide